COVID-19, Digital Resilience and Economic Recovery / Technology Leadership and Policy in the Age of AI, Robotics and 5G
The 15th International Academy of CIO Annual Conference on September 14-15, 2021 at George Mason University’s Arlington Campus, VA U.S.A 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Tokyo time (both days); 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Washington, D.C. time. is being held at a time of great technology related opportunity and risk. With AI, Robotics and 5G, there are opportunities for new products and services and also new industries that bridge time and space and enable greater access and speed in fields as diverse as government, healthcare, transportation and manufacturing.
And there are risks including in cybersecurity, privacy, digital divide, potential job loss and changing nature of work.
As with previous International Academy of CIO annual conferences, the 15th Annual Conference will address the potential and challenge of new technologies and applications to major world challenges such ICT and natural disasters and major world trends including ageing society and urbanization.
For the 15th Annual Conference, we are inviting research and practitioner papers and innovations related to the conference theme of “Technology Leadership and Policy in the Age of AI, and 5G” and encompassing:
• Social and economic context innovations and issues: ageing society, urban transformation, healthcare system challenges, natural disasters, government’s role evolution, industry transformation, policy agendas, emerging business models, etc.
• Citizens’, patients’, and customers’ changing value drivers: empowerment, co-creation, online behavior, and expectations, etc.
• Technology development and Management: challenges and ramifications of rapidly developing technologies such as robotics, autonomous vehicles and artificial intelligence and major challenges such as capacity building, cyber-security, big data.
• CIO new skills and roles: Government CIO, Business CIO, CIO core competences, innovative management.
Application Timelines: Coming soon …
Please submit to:
Luca Buccoliero at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Elena Bellio at: email@example.com and J.P. Auffret at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more IAC Call for Papers Information, please go to: https://iacio.org/call-for-paper-open-now-for-14th-iac-annual-conference-sept-19-taipei/
About the International Academy of CIO (IAC):
The IAC or International Academy of CIO was founded in 2006 in Japan by co-founders including Japan, USA, Indonesia, Philippines, Switzerland and Thailand. The IAC members, partnerships and alliances now span all regions with economies such as China, Cambodia, Netherlands, India, Korea, Laos, Hong Kong, Macao, Peru, Singapore, South Africa, Nigeria, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Italy, Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. The IAC has active participation from over 50 countries and partners with NGOs and multilateral organizations including APEC, OECD and ITU.
The IAC promotes and facilitates CIO and IT Executive leadership education and education standards; government CIO and IT governance policies and institution building related to CIOs and CIO Councils; and application and innovation of ICT such as mobile, IoT and blockchain in areas including ICT and ageing society, smart cities, and ICT and natural disasters.
The IAC publishes the annual Waseda University – IAC Digital Government Rankings now in its 14th year and the Journal of CIO and Digital Innovation. The IAC also partners with IOS Press on a Global E-Governance book series. In education, the IAC accredits CIO master’s degree programs and provides CIO certificates to graduates as well as directly partnering on training through the Asia CIO University Network on topics including CIO and data science. The IAC hosts an annual conference and partners on conferences and workshops with governments and NGOs such as APECTEL, OECD and U.N. For more information, please go to: www.iacio.org.
About the International Academy of CIO Annual Conference:
The IAC Annual Conference brings together government, private sector and academia participants to discuss and exchange ideas and best practices on ICT leadership and governance in light of rapidly changing technology. The conferences are research to practice oriented in that the talks and presentations include both strategy and practice talks and presentations by government leaders, private sector executives and NGO leaders as well as research related talks by academics.
In addition, the conferences focus on major world challenges and opportunities where ICT has the potential to contribute including the two topics of ageing society and natural disasters. The conferences are well attended by speakers and participants from around the world and are highlighted by active host government support and engagement.
Previous conferences were held in Asia, Europe and North America and in ten countries:
2019 – Taiwan
2018 – Astana, Kazakhstan
2017 – Moscow, Russia
2016 – Milan, Italy
2015 – Tokyo, Japan
2014 – Singapore
2013 – Beijing, China
2012 – Moscow, Russia
2011 – Manila, Philippines
2010 – Bandung, Indonesia
2009 – Bangkok, Thailand
2008 – Tokyo, Japan
2007 – Fairfax, Virginia
2006 – Tokyo, Japan.
Paper Topics and Important Dates:
Papers are invited that contribute to the conference sessions of:
- CIO and Digital Transformation of Economy
- Innovations in Digital Government
- Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and the Digital Future
- Blockchain for Government
Submitted papers may refer to four dimensions of innovation, analyzed by clear data driven methods:
- Social and economic context innovations and issues: ageing society, urban transformation, healthcare system challenges, natural disasters, government’s role evolution, industry transformation, policy agendas, emerging business models, etc;
- Citizens’, patients’ and customers’ changing value drivers: empowerment, co-creation, online behavior and expectations, etc;
- Technology development and Management: challenges and ramifications of rapidly developing technologies such as robotics, autonomous vehicles and artificial intelligence and major challenges such as capacity building, cyber-security, big data.
- CIO new skills and roles: Government CIO, Business CIO, CIO core competences, innovative management.
- Due date coming soon…
- Notifications of Acceptance due date coming soon…
- Full papers due date coming soon…
All submissions should be in English.
The submission categories are research papers, practitioner experience papers and posters:
- Academic research papers or research in progress – limited to ten pages
- Practitioner experience papers – limited to six pages
- Posters – A1 size poster.
Publication and Awards:
Selected papers will be published in the fall 2021 edition of the IAC Journal of CIO and Digital Innovation.
In addition, there will be Best Paper Awards for each of the research, practitioner and poster submission categories.