The book,”ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation”, written by leading scholars and experts from around the world, aims to address the challenges and opportunities offered by ICTs in the areas of innovation, governance, education, job creation and economic growth.
“ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation”
- addresses the challenges and opportunities offered by ICTs in the areas of innovation, governance, education, job creation and economic growth.
- provides a roadmap and practical strategies for utilizing advances in ICTs to foster an environment that nourishes ICT-centric innovation, economic growth, and social change consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- provides insights and directions on how to encourage and facilitate collaborative digital entrepreneurship, how to leapfrog the innovation gap, how to ensure sustainability, and how to create new job opportunities.
- intends to serve as a comprehensive resource for all the stakeholders within the ICT-centric ecosystem, including policy makers, regulators, operators, academics, funding agencies, regional and international organizations, financial institutions and citizens.
- provides a holistic and integrated view of the important elements that together and collectively can lead to sustainable development of nations.
The book was launched at a Ministerial Roundtable on ICT④SDGs organized to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ITU Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) on 11 October, 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
For more information about the book, please refer to https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Pages/IMPACT-STUDY.aspx and the following book-launching presentation.ICT Centric Economic Growth - ITU